Jiri Kuukasjärvi

Default Onkyo TX-DS575 problem

Jerry G. wrote:

If it is more than the ram IC's that are defective, it will take some
very sophisticated test equipment, and very in debt knowledge of
servicing your set. Also, you will require the proper soldering tools
to simply change any of the parts. Usually when the fault requires
sophisticated work, it may be more feasible to change the complete
board.

This is not something you can fix at home. If you mess in it, you may
damage other parts, thus increasing the final cost of repairs.

Yes, I thought so too. Too many special components. I bet if one of them
was broken, and I somehow could have managed to find out, wich one.. No
chance to get a replacement. Replacing SMD components isn´t a problem.
But finding replacements..

I got the service manual & schematics.. But didn´t need them after all.

Seems like it was only the solderings. I reflow the solderings of the
IC´s (Memory & others too) in the DD card with hot air (Danotherm SMD
soldering station) Now it works..

Thanks, Mark & Jerry.

- Jiri K.