Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Measuring A/C Temp Solved, sort of...

On 6/2/15 4:12 PM, J Burns wrote:

How about your drier? Many times, a drier will last the life of the
system, but not always. They can get clogged.

I've read that the water in freon can cause all kinds of problems. I
wonder if one problem could be a buildup of ice in the valve on the
evaporator that separates the high side from the low side.

When the compressor wasn't running, the ice would melt. Then the air
conditioner would run normally until a buildup of ice blocked the valve.
You'd lose your cooling, and I imagine the compressor would overheat.

Found it!
http://www.freeasestudyguides.com/ac...ion-valve.html

If a car drier fails, the AC will run a little while, then quit cooling
when clogs the expansion valve.