Jerry G.

Default Onkyo TX-DS575 problem

If it is more than the ram IC's that are defective, it will take some
very sophisticated test equipment, and very in debt knowledge of
servicing your set. Also, you will require the proper soldering tools
to simply change any of the parts. Usually when the fault requires
sophisticated work, it may be more feasible to change the complete
board.

This is not something you can fix at home. If you mess in it, you may
damage other parts, thus increasing the final cost of repairs.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"Jiri Kuukasjärvi" wrote in message
Hi!

I have this malfunctioning Onkyo TX-DS575 home theater amplifier.
There´s a problem with the DD processor board (quite large PCB,
connected to the display pcb)

As I connect signal to the amp, audio comes out ok. That´s if the
processor board isn´t connected. If it´s connected, audio volume is very
low even if I turn the master volume to the max. If I use the coaxial
inputs.. No sound at all.

The 3.3V regulator (NEC 29M33) seems to be ok.

I already called the local service that has parts for this model.
New board costs 74eur.

So, any ideas on what might be wrong on the board or elsewhere in the
amp? Do you have schematics for machine?

TIA!

- Jiri K.