Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Measuring A/C Temp Solved, sort of...

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 11:49:32 AM UTC-5, CRNG wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:24:50 +0000 (UTC), Boris
wrote in

Any thoughts?

Is the outside heat exchanger dirty or blocked up? Spraying water on
it lowered the temp enough for the compressor to restart.
--

I have the professional chemicals and foamer that hooks to a water hose I used when I was able to work to clean condensing units. A homeowner can get aerosol cans of air conditioner cleaner from the big box stores that you can spray on the condensing coils and it will foam up penetrating the space between the fins to dissolve dirt that's interfering with air flow. Some brands claim to be self rinsing but I'd use a garden hose with the nozzle set for a wide gentle spray to rinse the coil. Don't ever use the pencil thin stream of water to rinse the coils because it will bend the fins and flatten them out which will block air flow. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle AC Monster