Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What ever happened to the WORDS used in phone numbers?

On 6/1/2015 12:08 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 06/01/2015 08:19 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

Nor do they know the difference between a letter
o and a number zero.

I had an electronics college course in 1980. We were using the debugger
program that comes with CP/M (called DDT). There was a 'g' command to
run a program. 'g' was followed by an address (g100 was common). There
was no specific command to exit the program, instead you would go to
address zero. That is, 'g0'. Several students would complain about that
not working. They were entering 'go' instead of 'g0'.

I have zero in one of my phone numbers. Every
time someone uses letter o when they read
it back, I correct them. Zero, not oh. Few
actually understand.

I try to avoid saying 'o' (the le[Thank you. I also

try not to use letter o.]
tter) in phone "numbers". For example,
the area code 903 (nine-zero-three, NOT nine-owe-three).

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.--

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Trying to find God is a good deal like looking for money one has lost
in a dream." [Lemuel K. Washburn, _Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other
Essays_]

-
..
Christopher A. Young