Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Did anyone here preview Windows 10?

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 15:44:45 -0700 (PDT), Dottie
wrote:

http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-reserve-your-free-copy-of-windows-10/

Now I have a new icon on the task bar. Still undecided.

I have two computers. This one uses Vista and the new one uses 8.1. I can manage the new one but it is not easy. I would like to know how to get a copy of Windows 7 to upgrade this one ... I do not want to purchase expensive soft ware. I took off all the "for lease" stuff like Office etc. on the new one and managed to install an old copy of Works 7 that does fine. I will download Windows 10 and see if I can learn how to use it. I'm an elderly retiree and I don't need or want most of the new programs.

Dottie,

Vista will not allow the free move to Win10. Pay for a Win7 Reg Key,
install Win7 SP1 (free) ISO and it will / you upgrade to Win 10
later. When time comes in late July.

You can make a Win7 DVD from these images - pick the right version and
use your purchased Win7 Reg Key. Then reserve Win10. (original post)

http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

I have the DVD disk for my bride's Vista machine - BUT I need to buy a
REG Key. Win 7 and 8, 8.1 allows for the free Win10 install. See my
link if you are up to the challenge

7, 8 & 8.1 upgrades will be free for you for a full version of 10