Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default 50A 240V GFI Circuit Breaker Tripping with nothing connected to it

wrote in message

stuff snipped

When I was young, I used to do that with junked electonics, like old
TVs. I save all the parts. Spend hours removing them. I still have
containers full of those old parts, mostly all are from the tube era.
I'll probably never use any of them.!!!

That's the conclusion I've come to. I should photograph some of this stuff
and post it to show just how old it is. IN34 diodes as thick as pencils
with paper tubes and big end caps. What hurts the most is to ditch all that
stuff and then, the next week, realize what you had thrown out last week
would be all you needed to repair a current problem.

I just finished taking apart the last of the big DC250 tape cartridges
(that's 250MB - can't back up much today with that!) to recover the nice big
thick aluminum plate that they're made with. Makes great heat sink
material.

--
Bobby G.