Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Portable AC questions

I only mention this because its really a big issue here.

I have some elderly friends who refused to get AC, when they bought a new furnace. costs too much to install, too much to operate, were older should of done it years ago when we could of gotten good use of it, noisey. etc etc.. their list of why nots was endless.

well a few years ago in 90+ hot weather the one had a mini stroke that haunts him till this day..... it left him with dementia, he had no problems till the night he saw the big football players enter his room to beat him up

now I have another friend who wants to save money. and dont get me wrong thats always a good idea.

however i believe he is putting him and his entire family at risk....

all to save a buck.

besides which AC is a real positive when home sale time comes.....

dont look at it as a expenditure, look at it as a investment