Mark D. Zacharias

Default Onkyo TX-DS575 problem

The RAM i.c. on these is a known problem: They require resoldering to fix
intermittent / no audio problems. The solder pads at this chip are fragile -
the slightest shearing motion while soldering can damage them.

Mark Z.

"Jiri Kuukasjärvi" wrote in message
Hi!

I have this malfunctioning Onkyo TX-DS575 home theater amplifier.
There´s a problem with the DD processor board (quite large PCB,
connected to the display pcb)

As I connect signal to the amp, audio comes out ok. That´s if the
processor board isn´t connected. If it´s connected, audio volume is very
low even if I turn the master volume to the max. If I use the coaxial
inputs.. No sound at all.

The 3.3V regulator (NEC 29M33) seems to be ok.

I already called the local service that has parts for this model.
New board costs 74eur.

So, any ideas on what might be wrong on the board or elsewhere in the
amp? Do you have schematics for machine?

TIA!

- Jiri K.