Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Air Conditioning options

On Sun, 31 May 2015 20:36:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/31/2015 7:53 PM, micky wrote:

There aren't many AC's that fit casement windows, but of course you only
need one. It will keep you from opening that half of the window.

Also they are usually small, not much higher than they are wide, so they
won't cool as much as a bigger one will. My info is 50 years old but it
seems like it would have to still be true.

I was thinking it may cool too much. Most bedrooms need only 5,000 or
6,000 BTU and the casements are 8,500 to 10,000.

I should have mentioned that in the house I lived in with casement
windows, we had no AC at all. A new owner put in central AC,
which was probably pretty easy since it had central forced air heat.

Hmm. If it's too big, maybe he could cool it to 64 before going to
bed, then set it to 72 and the thing would stay off most of the night,
solving most of the noise problem when he is in there.