View Single Post
  #10   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Clogged Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 3:37:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Yesterday I got out my spray can of Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer. Can is at last 1/2 full. Shook it for about 5 seconds until the marble inside the can began to rattle. Continued to shake it (vigorously) for at least 30 seconds. Depressed the nozzle and got one short (1/2 second at most) spray of paint, then nothing. Checked the nozzle, it is open, there is a clog somewhere in the inside.

I will call Rustoleum on Monday to take advantage of their satisfaction guarantee. But, I am wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening to my new can. Any ideas??

I like the "toss the can in a fire" idea, but it is too citified where I live to do that. Can is two years 11 months since I bought it at our local Menards. I don't know how to read the codes on the bottom of the can so I don't know exactly when it was manufactured. It had been about a year since I last used it, but I shook the hell out of it for well more than a minute and that should have been enuf to mix things up pretty good and dissolve any lumps, but obviously it was not!!!!@.