Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Air Conditioning options

On 5/31/2015 12:45 PM, Dave C wrote:
We bought a CT house, that only has "crank out" windows. The prior
owner had installed central air, which is no longer repairable (per 2
service visits).

I would like to AC our bedroom - no real need for the rest of our
house. Is there any Air Conditioner, that I could use / adapt to our
crank out BR windows?

Note: I do not want to spend $$, to replace our central AC unit. We
only want AC, when sleeping.

Not exactly what you're thinking but this might work better for you all
the way around while maintaining the structural integrity of the window.

Buy a suitable window AC unit and "convert" it to a through the wall
unit. If you're at all handy, it's a relatively easy fix and works
quite well. I've done it in three different locations at my place. Two
additions to the house where it was impractical to extend the duct work
for the existing central air and one in my workshop in a detached garage.

Oldest installation/conversion is going on 38 years and it's still
working just fine.