Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Clogged Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 7:53:27 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sat, 30 May 2015 13:37:21 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Yesterday I got out my spray can of Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer. Can is at last 1/2 full. Shook it for about 5 seconds until the marble inside the can began to rattle. Continued to shake it (vigorously) for at least 30 seconds. Depressed the nozzle and got one short (1/2 second at most) spray of paint, then nothing. Checked the nozzle, it is open, there is a clog somewhere in the inside.

I will call Rustoleum on Monday to take advantage of their satisfaction guarantee. But, I am wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening to my new can. Any ideas??

I'll bet that can is at least five years old. Anything that old or
older will clog, spit and fizzle. The only way to solve that problem
is to pitch them and buy new ones.

DAMHIKT

i had a can of spray paint that was nearly full and wouldnt spray.

i tossed it in a large bucket of very hot water, then shook it forever.

that actually worked