Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default String Trimmer Batteries

Seymore4Head wrote:
On Sat, 30 May 2015 18:27:27 -0600, Tony Hwang

My wife gave me a Torx string (grass) trimmer, as a present. It came
with two, 20 volt battery packs. I now know that I can edge my house
several times. with but one charged battery.

I know that rechargeable batteries have a limited life - attributable
to the number of recharges and years of use. As I will never need to
ever use two packs, what should I do with the likely unused 2nd pack?
I am inclined to leave it uncharged, for _?_ years, until the initial
pack loses the capacity to edge my house.

Would storing that spare battery, in a "hermetically" sealed package
in our refrigerator (or freezer) be a preferred storage option?

Is rthere a different stategy, for the unused pack, that would be
more appropriate? I know that replacement battery packs are $$
expensive.

Mine is B&D 20V Lithium one. Came with 2 batteries. I use them
alternatively. I fully charge them before storing in winter. They
sell rebuild kit for this battery pack on eBay I noticed.

Swap em would be my first guess too. I really don't know. It is the
same thing with cell phones. I don't use my cellphone much for
talking, but you still have to keep it charged.

What do you do? Leave it off the charger for a few days or plug it in
with a 90% charge every day.

I don't think Lithium batteries have memory like NiCads.
I recharge cell phone when low battery warning beeps.