Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clogged Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 3:37:30 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Yesterday I got out my spray can of Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer. Can is at last 1/2 full. Shook it for about 5 seconds until the marble inside the can began to rattle. Continued to shake it (vigorously) for at least 30 seconds. Depressed the nozzle and got one short (1/2 second at most) spray of paint, then nothing. Checked the nozzle, it is open, there is a clog somewhere in the inside.

I will call Rustoleum on Monday to take advantage of their satisfaction guarantee. But, I am wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening to my new can. Any ideas??

I've put a cotton ball or two soaked with paint thinner or acetone in the cap of the paint can covering the nozzle before storing it and of course, first turning the can upside down and pressing the nozzle to clear it with propellant. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Spray Monster