Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default What to use to clean stove grease

[8~{} Uncle Oven Monster

I've used oven cleaner "cold" on many things including pots & pans and
on oven grates. Works good. Many oven cleaners say that they work hot
of cold, they just take a little longer cold.

I got a can of oven cleaner, sprayed it on, let it sit an hour or so,
and hosed all the crud off. Aside from a few clumps, which I scraped
off, it cleaned well. I followed up with some dish detergent and hosed
it again. Now it's in the house drying. I'm sure it will need to dry for
a day before I use it.

Side note. If you spray the hose into the end of those burners with all
the little holes, they become a sprinkler! I sprayed the hose in them
to clean all the holes, but the sprinkler idea may be a good way to
recycle old stove parts.

I suppose I better go mop the floor again. Lots of water running off....
(It dont help that it's raining outside.. Otherwise I would have let it
dry outdoors).

By the way, that oven cleaner is very slippery. Even after rinsing my
hands several times, they still feel slippery!!!! Next time I'll wear
rubber gloves...