Posted to alt.home.repair
rebel[_3_] rebel[_3_] is offline

Default What to use to clean stove grease

On 5/30/2015 9:46 AM, rebel wrote:
On 5/30/2015 6:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 5/29/2015 4:16 PM, Oren wrote:

[snip]

Oven cleaner works nicely on cleaning the cooked on soot stuck to the
door glass on a wood burning stove, too.

We've had a wood burning stove for 29 years and the absolute best thing
for cleaning the glass is...

Wet a paper towel (or shop rag) and dip it in the cold ashes in the
stove. Wipe the glass with it, scrubbing a bit where there are heavy
concentrations, and then finish up with a damp paper towel to clean off
the residue.

Heard about it and never believed it until I actually tried it. Works
like a charm.

No kidding? Never heard of that before. I'll have to give it a try. I
hate using oven cleaner on the glass because of the strong smell. Thanks
for the idea.

--
rebel