Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Pocket Hose Question

On 05/29/2015 08:36 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
Anybody here have one of those 'as seen on TV' hoses that magically expand and then shrink back to their original short length?

No, in my opinion, magic tv hoses look like a good idea but are low quality barely useful junk.

I bought a 25' one today as

Take it back and exchange it for a real hose.

I have a new soft sided waterbed that will most likely have to be topped off next week.
I realize it does expand once the water is turned ON but can _I_ pull it to make it reach the mattress??

Every waterbed owner should assemble a waterbed emergency kit. The kit should have the following:

- real 5/8" or 3/4" hose that will reach from the waterbed to a hot/cold water source.
- short hose to go from the bed inlet to the pump.
- water pump to evacuate the bed in a leak emergency.
- all the necessary fittings to connect it all together. Make sure you have all the faucet adapters to make required connections.
- a spare mattress heater with control.
- a couple water shut-off valves for the hose http://www.amazon.com/Dramm-12365-Ga.../dp/B000HHSGZ2

Store all this stuff in a plastic tub with a lid. Next time you spring a leak at 2am, you'll thank me.