Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Pocket Hose Question

On Fri, 29 May 2015 22:42:51 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 11:09:06 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:

That hose, I believe is a smaller rubber tube inside a woven sheath. It might at
least be a 2 person job to stretch it without stressing it at the faucet. It
will probably work to fill the bed, with will not work to drain it very
effectively because the internal hose is small diameter and short when there is
no water pressure. Not the best choice, especially if you have a leak and have
to drain the bed quickly.

Ahhhhhhh, someone who understands my question. I was hoping
this suit my need as it would be compact when not in use.
I understand now that I cannot really stretch it to it's
workable 25' length without turning on the faucet.

Though you would be able to drain the thing by running the hose out the
window and siphoning, if the water had a place to go. . How the
diameter would affect thigns, I don't know.