Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default The cost of air conditioning

I bought a new 6,000 BTU air conditioner yesterday. There were a few to
choose from in the $189 price range. We bought our first window shaker
for the bedroom the summer of 1967, one year after we married. I don,t
recall exactly, but it was about $129. More than a weeks pay at the time.
Using an inflation calculator, that is equal to about $850 today. We
really can live better today. We also help the economy in China.

A couple of years later I bought a 16,000 BTU AC for $205. That is
equal to about $1300, but today I can buy that size for $750 or so.