Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 50A 240V GFI Circuit Breaker Tripping with nothing connected to it

On Fri, 29 May 2015 11:46:21 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 5/29/2015 9:51 AM, wrote:

I didn't say UPS were not worth while - just certain models of
certain brands are less worth attempting to fix than others. And some
cook the batteries out faster than others - to the point they are not
worth wating batteries on.

For the smaller ones, the 7 AH batteries have come way down in price. A
Yuasa NP7-12 is about $23 and lesser brands are as little as $15. I got
some once at Lowe's for even less.

A new UPS with one of those batteries is about $40.

And if that $15 to $23 battery only lasts 6 months is it still worth
replacing???

And that isn't the battery used in the APC BackUPs 350 They use a
3.5Ah (+/-) 12 volt battery that has reverse from normal polarity, and
should have the F2 terminals. The cheap batteries have F1 terminals -
on the wrong side. The proper battery costs more than the 7AH standard
ups batteries -Last ones I bought were over $30, and both of my normal
battery wholesale suppliers have stopped carrying them. They carry
very limited numbers of the backwards (for the application) F1
equipped batteries, but the only way to use them reliably is to solder
the terminals on.