Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default 50A 240V GFI Circuit Breaker Tripping with nothing connected to it

wrote in message

stuff snipped

APC Back-Ups aren't worth replacing the batteries on many times.

Amen. This was one of them. I tried two known-good batteries, looked for
blown fuses and burned components and decided that I could probably get a
new unit for not very much more than the price of a replacement battery.

Now that I've replaced all the desktops in the house with tablet PCs, the
built-in tablet batteries act as a UPS so I can afford to just retire the
ones that go hinky on me. That switch saved a lot of money in electricity.
Funny, my usage continually drops, but not my bill. The more I conserve,
the more they charge per kWh. )-:

--
Bobby G.