Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default 50A 240V GFI Circuit Breaker Tripping with nothing connected to it

On Thu, 28 May 2015 19:37:00 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

I only bring this up because I recently promised my wife that I would no
longer save things for parts or break them down for spare parts. I retained
the right (-: to take things apart to see if they can be repaired or to
analyze why they failed.

I just scrapped an APC UPS and I mostly complied. Only saved the cord, the
breaker, the big transformer and the metal copper strips that make up the
outlets. Bypassed juicy components that needed desoldering and testing.
Saved all the heavy wires with crimped and insulated ends.

There was a time I would have desoldered even the LEDs. Arthritis took care
of that. )-:

--
Bobby G.

When I was young, I used to do that with junked electonics, like old
TVs. I save all the parts. Spend hours removing them. I still have
containers full of those old parts, mostly all are from the tube era.
I'll probably never use any of them.!!!