Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Mold Remediation

On Thu, 28 May 2015 07:46:54 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Anyone out there have any experience with mold remediation after a water leak was repaired? I read about one family who had to abandon their multimillion dollar home and belongings after an extremely toxic form of mold permeated their home and belongings. I ask because storm damage to my brother's home cause some leaks that damaged a wall and the front entrance to the house. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Moldy Monster

Be very careful using the "M" word. Mildew is okay; but using Mold can
bring on many problems. Reporting Mold needing remediation may get the
house tagged, needing disclosure at every sale afterwards or recorded
by government. Buyers may walk away as if the house is a "sick home".

Mention Mold and people's hair catches fire. A Mold remediation
company may be required to report it to officials. Check locally.
--
"Trust me, I'm from the government. I'm here to help."