Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Building a shed base

On Thu, 28 May 2015 09:07:29 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 11:41:42 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I am buying a rubbermaid 7x7 resin shed for my yard. I was asking around about how to make the base and was told to go with 4x4 treated wood frame with treated wood plywood on top. I was wondering if that is even necessary for a resin shed since it isnt going to rot from dampness. I have a bunch of big pavers (some are 4'x4'). Would I be able to use those to make a base on my grass and just put the shed on top of it? The shed has it's own floor and I do realize that it must be level.

What do the instructions for the shed say? I see no reason why
pavers that are laid level couldn't be used. Many sheds don't even
have a floor at all. You might still need treated lumber around the
edges so the shed can be fastened down.

Agree. Even a bed of gravel if there is a chance for minor flooding
from heavy rain.