Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Do you ever get "permits"?

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 7:00:01 PM UTC-4, Don Phillipson wrote:
On 5/25/2015 3:05 PM, Anthony wrote:
Do people really get permits for all their projects, or am I and my
friends alone in never asking for a permit unless the change is hugely
visible outside?

wrote in message

A lot depends on your neighbors. 99% of the time, the "problem" is
because you get ratted out by a neighbor.

This may have been true in the past. Nowadays problems are at
least equally likely concerning house insurance. Most insurance
clerks nowadays know little about house construction or maintenance,
therefore demand building permits on all likely occasions.

Maybe things work differently up there, but I've never had
an insurance agent demand or even ask about a building permit
for anything. The only time anyone was even here to look
at anything was when I filed a Sandy hurricane claim.