Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Red LED Whore house lights?

gregz wrote:
wrote:
With all the LED bulbs coming out these days, to replace standard
lightbulbs, I have yet to see colored ones. The CFL bulbs come in all
colors, and those yellow bug bulbs are popular, but I have not seen
yellow LED "bug bulbs", nor other colors, and of course, Red would be
most popular in "red light districts"

I guess bugs are not attracted to white LEDs and Whores dont care to
save energy!

I think bugs may be attracted more to white LEDs. I was working with bright
colored LEDs before bright whites became common. Matter of demand.

Greg

There's a short explanation here
http://preview.tinyurl.com/no2yl7g

about yellow bug lights. A lot of insects don't see yellow.
LEDs don't put out much heat which also helps.