Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric pressure washer?

On 5/25/2015 7:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Are they OK for light use or a waste of money? I'd not use it often so
having a gas engine to care of could be a potential PITA. I want to
clean siding, outside of gutters sidewalk and steps.

Price of electrics is $99 to $199.
Gas from $249 to $thousands.

Your thoughts?

I made the mistake of buying one off Ebay, missing
parts, and then made the mistake of buying another.
(plastic pump housing which cracked). For my third
unit, I went to home Depot and bought one that had
a metal pump housing. Red unit, can't remember the
brand.

The third unit has served me well, and made me a
bunch of money over the years. I've also done
some good neighbor stuff (used it for a friend,
to clean some white plastic chairs). And done a
bunch of outdoor home cleaning, like cleaning off
the dirt from my white plastic mail tube. And clean
the trailer siding, and wash the salt from under my
vehicle.

I regret the units off Ebay, but totally benefit from
the metal pump unit from Home Depot.

-
..
Christopher A. Young