Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Do you ever get "permits"?

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 5:47:21 PM UTC-4, SBH wrote:
On 5/25/2015 3:05 PM, Anthony wrote:
Do people really get permits for all their projects, or am I and my
friends alone in never asking for a permit unless the change is hugely
visible outside?

I ensure the work I do falls within code, therefore, the city can take
their permits and shove it. IMO, most permits are to collect more money
from us tax paying residents. Since the work still falls within code, I
can ensure if/when I ever sell my home, it'll pass inspection.

if it was a big job withno permit inspection may be impossible, a real PIA at home sale time