Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Do you ever get "permits"?

On Mon, 25 May 2015 14:05:52 -0500, Anthony
wrote:

Do people really get permits for all their projects, or am I and my
friends alone in never asking for a permit unless the change is hugely
visible outside?

I did not get a permit on one inside project. Extended the floor area
on the second floor which had a cathedral ceiling. Knowing it would
bite me later. I had a materials list, statement of work from the
contractor, etc. The buyer on that home accepted that - still no
permit.

Rear Admiral Grace Hopper:

It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.

Variant: If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It is much
easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

I handed my passport to the immigration officer, and he looked
at it and looked at me and said, "What are you?"