Posted to alt.home.repair
SMcK SMcK is offline

Default Diagnose This Dishwasher Leak?

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:34:58 PM UTC-4, SMcK wrote:
On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 10:46:18 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 10:43:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
How in the world did you run the dishwasher on its side with water in it. All the door ventilation is based on water running downhill, not onto the side. On its side it is a miracle that the water did not get into the door and short out the electrical timer, etc.

Bingo! We have a winner here. Troll detected!

Now, not a troll. I considered that attempting to run it on its side might not be a good idea, and only did it for a few seconds. I don't think it caused any permanent problem.

I assume this dishwasher is a timer type. Turn the dial and it spins around slowly through the cycles.

As I said, it only seems to leak when it's pumping water in (or out?). This isn't a case of leaking around the door.

....PS - There was no water in it when I put it on its side.