Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Pool multi-port valve, turn handle in one direction?

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 1:59:30 PM UTC-4, Don Phillipson wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message

Here's a question for those of you with experience with a pool
multi-port valve. I've been having a debate with a friend who
says you're only supposed to turn them in one direction otherwise
it will screw up the spider gasket that's at the bottom of the
valve. But I don't see how that can happen.

What did the pool store (or manufacturer) say when you asked?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

As I stated in my original post, nothing in the manufacturer's
manual. Pool stores, in my experience are full of BS, unless
you think a pimple faced summer HS student is an expert.
Thanks for the usual, what does the MF say stuff. And I gather,
like some others here, you don't even know WTG this valve is,]
do you?