Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running black pipe for natural gas under the deck above ground

On 5/24/2015 10:54 PM, Bob F wrote:
Galvanized can be used some places, or use plastic coated pipe, and wrap or coat
the joints for best life. Your best source of acceptable materials is the
inspector's office that inspects the installation, as Croy suggests. They will
tell you exactly what they will approve.

I've seen a lot of black iron above ground. Residential
gas supply, and also pipes going to roof top units on
malls and stores.

Years ago, I heard that galvanized is not used for NG,
as some of the galvanize coat might flake off, and
jam the regulator. Also, I'd not want to risk crossing
(inter connecting) water and gas pipes some time in
the future.

Agree with contact the local inspector.

-
..