Gary Lightfoot

Default blown fuse in sub-woofer

Tweetldee wrote:

That wasn't what I said. I said that "It's pointless to keep
replacing the fuse and expecting it to start working". If the fuse
repeatedly blows, then there is a problem with the circuit, not the
fuse.

I know what you said, I just pointed out that sometimes fuses can blow
due to age. Why so upset??

Your "brute-force" approach to troubleshooting is dubious.

Why is replacing a fuse once if all else appears OK brute force? Read
my comments again slowly, and you'll see that I said:

"but should the fuse blow a second time, then investigation and repair
is required."

You obviously didn't read my post properly and have gone all
defensive.

certainly wouldn't let you work on any of my equipment, knowing that
you were going to deliberately cause more damage, possibly causing a
fire in it. You would certainly be buying a replacement for me if I
ever caught you doing that to anything of mine.

LOL, you're really upset aren't you? :O)

At no time would I deliberately cause more damage. If you'd seen the
smilie you'd have realised it was tongue in cheek, but on larger
electrical (not electronic) equipment it can actually work. You have
be aware of what's inside the kit. Read my comments again slowly and
you'll see I said:

"Depends on the piece of kit of course, and what's inside it."

But, I'm sure that you've had years of experience and success using
this technique, so best wishes to you.

Well, yes I have thanks. Being on call-out having to repair equipment
at all hours to prevent major service failures has given me a lot of
experience in fault finding and repair. I can assure you that if I was
unable to find faults and complete effective repairs I wouldn't be in
the same job for over 20 years and still on call-out now would I? :O)

Think calming thoughts and have a glass of hot milk before bedtime.
;O)

--?
www.g-lightfoot.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Please remove the spam trap from my email addy to reply.