Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Time Warner shared internet "up to" speeds

On 5/23/2015 3:25 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"gonjah" wrote in message
Does anyone use Time Warner Cable internet and have you run a speed test?
I just got off the phone with U verse to cancel service and the guy said
the "up to" speeds TW claims are usually not even close. I have U verse
and it consistently runs at the advertised speed.

https://purchase.timewarnercable.com...g&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have TW internet and usually get about 16 MB on the uplink It is for the
15 MB service. A friend across town gets about the same. Get 1 MB for the
uplink. The uplink does not make that much difference to me as I seldom
send any large files.

I do have my own modem as they started charging for them a year or so ago.
Paid about $ 20 for something they want aboutg $ 5 per month.

I had the TV with them up to about 2 weeks ago. Canceled when they wanted
to put some kind of digital box on every TV and will start charging for
those boxes. Went to Direct TV, so will see how that plays out for the next
two years.

DirectTV is the best out there but be prepared for the usual rate climb.
Started out at $79/month 3 years ago, up to $105 now with no additions
or changes.

I would go for Comcast's triple play but I hate those bast^&%$ enough to
pay the extra.

John