Posted to alt.home.repair
SMcK SMcK is offline

Default Diagnose This Dishwasher Leak?

On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 2:03:58 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/24/2015 1:54 PM, SMcK wrote:

The dishwasher started leaking while running last night. It appears to only leak during certain cycles. The water comes from under the dishwasher. The water appears to be clean. Inside the dishwasher was relatively dry. It's not a case of overflowing. I wonder whether the the inlet valve is opening when it should but for some reason the pump isn't pumping, or it's not pumping the water to where it needs to be. I turned the machine on it's side and ran it briefly. I can't see where the water is leaking out. I think I hear the pump running. Any ideas what might be wrong?

TIA,
-Scott

Have you looked while it is running? Get a bright flashlight, get down
on the floor, remove the kick panel, and watch.

I only watched briefly while it was running on its side. By kick panel, do you mean the one in front? I'll try that, though I kind of doubt I'll be able to see much.

Thanks.