Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,uk.rec.driving
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Lettuce Talk aboot "Brum Drakes."

On Sun, 24 May 2015 18:37:47 +0100, Dr. Jian Chang, Ph.D. wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

On Sun, 24 May 2015 18:08:46 +0100, Dr. Jian Chang, Ph.D.
wrote:

dino wrote:

In article , Tough Guy no. 1265 says...

On Sun, 24 May 2015 00:14:21 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2015 19:59:37 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265"
wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2015 19:40:52 +0100, Col. Edmund Burke
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
I thought drum brakes were stopped decades ago, most cars where
you can see
the brakes have disks all round. But I saw a few modern (4 year
old) mid
range cars with what I assume is a drum brake at the back. Or
is there
something else nowadays?

Cars on the Tiny Island Nation (of buck-toothed rascals) are what
Americans
used to drive in the 1920s.
LOL

Americans still can't make a car that goes round corners.

Still a fair number of front disk/rear drum vehicles being turned
out. The rear brakes do very little of the braking in normal use, so
high temperature brake fade is not a big issue on the rear - and drum
parking brakes are just SO much easier to make work properly

Except they don't. A brake operated by a cable on a vehicle
as heavy as a car is simply pointless. I always have to park
in gear to stop it rolling down a hill.

A properly adjusted parking brake should stop a car from rolling.

Everyone knows that. And most everyone in hilly areas know to
park with extra safety precautions...because, as you obviously
don't grasp, parking brakes are not always properly adjusted...moron.
;-)

The trouble is they go out of adjustment if a fly lands on them.

If possible always curb park in hilly areas for safety.
;-)

I've found handbrake and 1st gear is enough, unless it's ridiculously steep.

--
101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan are the only two Disney animated features in which both the parents are present and don't die throughout the movie.