Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,uk.rec.driving

Default Lettuce Talk aboot "Brum Drakes."

On Sat, 23 May 2015 19:59:37 +0100, "Tough Guy no. 1265"
wrote:

On Sat, 23 May 2015 19:40:52 +0100, Col. Edmund Burke wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
I thought drum brakes were stopped decades ago, most cars where you can see
the brakes have disks all round. But I saw a few modern (4 year old) mid
range cars with what I assume is a drum brake at the back. Or is there
something else nowadays?

Cars on the Tiny Island Nation (of buck-toothed rascals) are what Americans
used to drive in the 1920s.
LOL

Americans still can't make a car that goes round corners.

Still a fair number of front disk/rear drum vehicles being turned
out. The rear brakes do very little of the braking in normal use, so
high temperature brake fade is not a big issue on the rear - and drum
parking brakes are just SO much easier to make work properly