Gary Lightfoot

Default blown fuse in sub-woofer

Tweetldee wrote:

It's pointless to keep replacing the fuse and expecting it to start
working. Whatever is making the fuse blow hasn't been fixed.

Not always the case. Sometimes fuses weaken with age, and a
replacement is all that's needed. This has happened to me many a time
in various types of equipment, but should the fuse blow a second time,
then investigation and repair is required.

Sometimes you can use a larger fuse to blow the fault clear and make
fault finding easier or more obvious - the cause has blown itself to
pieces. :O)

Depends on the piece of kit of course, and what's inside it.

--?
www.g-lightfoot.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Please remove the spam trap from my email addy to reply.