Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT Where to work

On 05/22/2015 09:22 AM, taxed and spent wrote:
"Billy Bigrigger" wrote in message
On 05/22/2015 09:34 AM, philo wrote:

A lot of the kids today do not believe me when I tell them that I made
$1.10 an hour back in the mid-60's.

Heck...I was a kid living at home so did not depend on the pay but it was
nice for me to be able to save up a few bucks and one day walk into a ham
radio store and order over $1000 worth of all new equipment.

breaker-19...bought a new cb to but didnt pay no grand for it...got me a
bird dog to to sniff out the bear in the bushs to...lol...catch ya on the
downstroke flip-flop...10-4...

you keep your cb, I'll stick with the ham radio.

You said it.

Anyone who wanted could get a CB set...but it took us a long time to
study up to get a ham ticket.

Had to know a lot of radio theory and Morse code (CW) at 5 wpm just to
get a Novice license.

I guess the CW requirement is no longer needed. Too bad