Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default AC condenser/fan refused to come on last night, but today works fine

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 5:22:20 PM UTC-5, noname wrote:
8YY old Bryant central AC. Moderately used, just popped it on last night and I noticed even though the blower was running the condenser and fan outside weren't. Tried each of three zones, that didn't make a difference. So today I said what the hell, before I call the service guy I turned it on again, fired right up. Too chicken to run it for more than a few minutes.

We've only had it on like once or twice this year, what might make it behave that way?

Find a handyman type neighbor.