Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fiberglass tub sinks around drain

On Wed, 20 May 2015 18:15:12 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 20 May 2015 15:12:45 -0700 (PDT), Rafael Anaya
wrote:

I know this has been asked before when using spray foam for bathtub support but hear me out

*snip due to poor word formatting*

any ideas?

thanks!

-R

Sounds to me you have a really cheap tub, or else someone using it is
way overweight. If the drain flexes, you will eventually develop a leak
in the pipes.

Solutions are to either get a better tub, or go on a diet.
Or just live with it until something breaks and causes a flood, which
could lead to more damages to the house. I worked as a did plumber for
years and I never saw a tub flex like you explain, nor did I ever see a
tub with shims or spray foam under it.

I've seen several acrylic tubs installed with high density spray foam
AND shims.