Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Will a microwave oven beep for eternity?

On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 4:46:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 20 May 2015 12:52:45 -0600, Arthur Conan Doyle
wrote:

Get a new microwave. My Samsung OTR beeps once a minute or so for 2 or 3 minutes
and then stops.

My Nixon era microwave "dings" one time and turns off when the spring
wound timer gets to the end. Power surges and such do not bother it
either. The thing that usually goes in a MW is the clock, then it is
dead for all extents and purposes. Fix, drill a hole through the
control pad and put a spring wound timer in it. going back to old
school.

I got ya beat, I have a hand cranked microwave oven. It never needs power from the grid. Of course, I have thought of adding an electric motor to replace the hand crank for those times when I'm too tired. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Bizarre Monster