Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Keep light switch ON! All the time?

On Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 3:39:27 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 28, 10:19*am, Harry K wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:58*am, Frank wrote:

On 2/28/2012 1:45 AM, tim birr wrote:

A "light switch" in a guest bedroom controls my attic fan.

The fan operates on a thermostat. So, it only goes on in the warmer
months. *However, I am getting tired of guests continually flipping it
on and off.

So, I thought, what about putting a blank wall plate there. *But, how
do I "fix" the wires so the current will be on all the time? *Or, is
that a no-no (don't know why it would be, but...).
tim

Not very sophisticated but I just taped over a switch to keep on all the
time. *Just a strip of regular adhesive tape.

Removing the switch is not a good idea. *What will you do if you need
to work on that fan?..yrp, go to the breaker box and try to find the
unlabled breaker.

Harry K

You're kidding right? God, I hope so.

Do you work on light fixtures after simply turning off the light
switch?

Good grief. Stop offering dangerous advice.

I've always worked on electrical equipment as though it were hot and quite often when it is hot. The only exception is high voltage gear like 4,160 vac power where insulated gloves, a hot stick and probe are required. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Crazy Monster