Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default How to remove silicone spray?

On 5/18/2015 3:44 PM, Ronnie Cronin wrote:
Hello All

I accidentally allowed silicone spray to drip onto the fibreglass deck of
my boat. The deck is now extremely slippy and therefore extremely
dangerous. I hope you can help by letting me know how to remove/clean it
away.

Many thanks!

Ronnie

I have a spray can of DuPont Teflon Silicone lubricant; there are no
instructions on the can for removal of inadvertent application. Did a
Google search and found DuPont's FAQ's for general groups of lubricants,
which suggests using a "mild degreaser" and a scrub brush, as long as it
is safe for the surface. The can gives ingredients, acetone and
isopropyl alcohol, and I'm thinking those would work. Don't know what
is safe for your fiberglass, but a call to the company would probably be
a good idea.