View Single Post
  #16   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default New Cell Phone

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 8:17:55 PM UTC-5, J0HNS0N wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote:

I have two cellphones but they're not smartass phones

Don't turn those dumbass phones on, they can be tracked.

I don't turn my cellphone on unless I wish to make a call and that will be long way away from where I'm committing all my crimes. 8-)

and I don't have to worry about my information being
stolen through a compromised smartass phone or any
malware.

My God, you're writing this post on a computer. One that can have
malware and/or from which you can have your information stolen. Don't
you think you should access Usenet by mail? It would sure be a lot
safer.

I'm using a Chromebook and the Chrome OS is quite secure plus my connection to the internet is encrypted through The Cloud. Right now, running a trace on my location will show me to be in New York City when I'm actually in Birmingham. Yesterday, a trace of my IP address showed that I was in Singapore. My bank does a good job of preventing online fraud. The bank security division blocked an attempt by someone in Pakistan trying to take money from my account. My CC number was probably stolen when I made a purchase at a convenience store/gas station run by Pakistanis. I rarely if ever have a problem with malware even on my Windows machines at home because I know how to defend against it.

Sometimes old school is more secure and nobody can trace my
receive only pager to track me. 8-)

I imagine the life of a paranoid is a scary one. Do you really think
that out of hundreds of millions of accounts that you are really that
interesting to be singled out by a nosy human?

It's not government you usually have to worry about except for the fact that government agencies have the capability to access non-public information and a corrupt official can give such information to someone who has no business with the information. Me and my brother went to the FBI about a sheriff's deputy who was giving out information to a buddy of his who had no legal right to have the information. The FBI checked it out and determined that the deputy had indeed violated federal law by his unauthorized access to a federal database. I got a call from the FBI agent informing me that the U.S. Attorney would not prosecute the deputy because he didn't think it was an important enough crime. "The U.S. Attorney decided that a violation of federal law by a law enforcement officer wasn't important enough to prosecute.." If you or I accessed the same federal data base, we would be paraded around in chains for the TV news, labeled evil hackers and receive a long prison sentence. I did get the satisfaction of finding out that the sheriff's deputy had been fired after The FBI contacted the sheriff about what his deputy had done. A lot of retired LEO's become private detectives and keep in touch with former coworkers. They can often call a pal and get information they have no legal right to have. So it's not the government I'm really worried about, it's private citizens who may have some beef with me. There are also those crazy fuxors like Islamofascists and Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks who would harm someone they are offended by because of what they write, the cartoons they draw or their politics. 8-)

I'm not paranoid, I just don't trust anyone. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Paranoid Monster