Posted to alt.home.repair
songbird songbird is offline

Default plumber putty went bad

philo wrote:
songbird wrote:

portions snipped
perhaps i should have looked first as i went
shopping for a replacement i ended up at all the
big box stores and they had little in white that
looked decent and i knew the cat would like. she
must have white.

OK makes sense

and hammer -- don't tell me how i should have gotten
those puppies loose as all three weren't moving or

Puppies?

plastic nuts holding the faucet on the sink.
metal bands holding the sink traps.

the old faucet was corroded and rusting on
the inside when i took it off the sink. as there
was getting some rust staining around the base of
the faucet i was getting worried the cast iron
sink itself was coming apart. the enamel finish
has chipped in several places, but it overall
still looks nice enough that i'm not going to do
anything else to it. it's been redone for now
(hoping nothing leaks, looks good so far...).

what about the cat?

still away. i play again tomorrow... hand rail,
should be an easy one, then if i feel like it i have
a clothes rack we use for drying that needs some
varnish on it. otherwise gardening or puttering around

songbird