Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Cell Phone

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 5:58:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2015 14:52:47 -0700, J0HNS0N
wrote:

Uncle Monster wrote:

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 8:31:54 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

So what? Battery life still matters. Also, most potential
buyers would want a phone that's on to receive calls too.

I have a digital pager with voicemail. I've had the same
number for 25 years and it's number everyone who knows
me calls to get in touch with me.

I don't use my cellphone while driving so the pager works fine for me. 8-)

Probably wouldn't matter anyway cause the horses likely know where to
pull the buggy...

transfer the pager number to your new cell phone. You can use the
cell like a pager, answer calls if you want to, and use the phone for
outgoing calls as well. Any decent phone today is also your digital
voice recorder for dictating notes to yourself, as well as a PDA where
you can keep all kinds of information. You get a decent digital camera
as well - works good for documenting dissassembly jobs, or to show
your supplier exactly what you are looking for without having to
remove the part. I find it also works better than a mirror for seeing
behind things - and you are never without a flashlight.

All that WITHOUT a data package.

I have two cellphones but they're not smartass phones and I don't have to worry about my information being stolen through a compromised smartass phone or any malware. Sometimes old school is more secure and nobody can trace my receive only pager to track me. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Sneaky Monster