Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Solar lights

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 9:59:11 AM UTC-5, rebel wrote:
On Sun, 17 May 2015 22:55:09 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:
Any way.. maybe I could fix the irritating lights with
some help. Thanks ahead of time

It could simply be a loose battery in its holder. A lot
of times, cheap, err, inexpensive electronic devices
have simple bent metal contacts in the battery
compartment rather than springs. When the device is
dropped, the weight of the battery can flatten out the
bent metal contacts. It's a simple repair to bend a
contact back into shape. 8-)

ok.. I'll try that, when I take one apart. Do I bend the while end
or just the part of the contact that may have flattened out?

--
rebel

You'll see a crease in the metal but usually you slip a small flat blade screwdriver behind the metal strip and pry it out a little. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Solar Monster