Posted to alt.home.repair
rebel[_2_] rebel[_2_] is offline

Default Solar lights

We bought these solar lights that you can put on mason jars. They
have an on-off switch on top by the solar panel part, and the light
part goes inside the mason jar. Well.... some of them work great,
but about half of them go off about a minute after they turn on from
it getting dark. If I bump it the light will turn on briefly and
then go off again. It's a bit irritating, to say the least.

Since the ones that aren't working right all have the same issue
could it just be a faulty switch? How would I fix something like
that myself vs sending them back? Or how would I know if it's a loose
wire, or just a design flaw not worth fixing myself?

I'm not very mechanically inclined, but I've been known to fix stuff
armed with a pink screw driver, pliers, or hammer... I can use a
drill, too, but for this I'd have to use a tiny Philips screwdriver
to take out some small screws.

Any way.. maybe I could fix the irritating lights with some help.
Thanks ahead of time.

--
rebel